We can store your Will and other important documents in our in-house secure document storage facility.
You’re welcome to store your Will in our safe custody facility. There’s no charge for this service.
If you wish to retrieve documents we store in our safe custody facility, please complete this authority form.
Retrieval of documents
Our requirements are set out below; however, we reserve the right to make such further enquiries as we see fit before we release any documents.
Please telephone us at least 24 hours in advance so we can have the documents ready for collection.
Retrieval by you in person
- You can retrieve your documents from our office between 9am and 4pm on business days.
- You must show us your original photo ID before we can release documents to you.
Retrieval in person by a person acting on your behalf (your agent)
- give us the completed authority form signed by you authorising us to release the documents to them. The authority must identify each document to be released and include your contact telephone number;
- show us their original photo ID; and
- satisfy us that you are of sound mind.
Retrieval in person by your Enduring Power of Attorney or Administrator
We cannot release a Will (original or a photocopy) to an attorney or administrator.
We will only release a photocopy of other documents (not the originals) to your agent appointed under:
- an Enduring Power of Attorney; or
- an administration order made under the Guardianship and Administration Act 1990 (WA);
provided each person who is your Attorney or Administrator:
- satisfies us they are lawfully appointed and entitled to the documents;
- shows us the original Power of Attorney or Administration Order; and
- show us their original photo ID.
Retrieval by mail
After death we will only release documents to the duly appointed Executor or Administrator in accordance with the requirements below.
If the deceased’s Will has been superseded, we require a copy of the new Will and the address of the executor named therein. We will then arrange for the Will we hold to be returned to the executor of the new Will for it to be destroyed.
Retrieval in person
- their original photo ID;
- the original death certificate or other evidence of the death;
- written authority to us from any Executor or Administrator who does not attend our office, authorising us to release the documents. The authority must identify each document to be released; and
- where we do not hold the original Will, evidence of their appointment as Executor or Administrator.